If you are asking yourself what SEO is, you should first see the answer to this question.
Several elements, both internal and external, come into play for achieving adequate ranking in search engines. The external ones, those executed outside the website, are called off-site SEO ranking factors, which include, among others, the following:
- Loading videos: Preparing and optimizing them, in any platform (generally Youtube or Vimeo) constitutes a source of traffic to the website.
- Podcasts: quality audio content. They can be uploaded in sites such as SoundCloud.
- Presentations and PDFs: For generating useful content and uploading in networks such as Slideshare or Isuu.
- Social networks: It is recommendable, albeit not always, to include publications with links to certain interesting parts of your website.
- References to other sites: This allows generating traffic from other sources. Ideally, the owners of these other sites add you to their sites because of the quality of your content.
- Press communiqués: There are sites specialized in disseminating your content, such as PR.com and Business Wire. With them, you are taken to a broader audience.
These are only a few of the elements available for generating traffic to a website and seeing results in search engines! This is not something that can be achieved overnight, and consideration must be given to the following:
It is something, as you can see, that can be explained quickly, but it requires a great deal of dedication! How often do you make videos for your company? How often do you update your blog and publish it in other sites for generating traffic to your page? It’s not a question of knowing what to do; what matters is doing what has to be done every month. There is no such thing as a website in which no time and money are invested and that constantly generates contacts and business.